This recipe is makes approximately 2 cups which, depending on your serving size, is 2-4 servings. It works out perfectly for me because it's even tastier the next day.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 lg cans of chicken, drained... you can even use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 c red seedless grapes, sliced in halves/quarters
- a handful of chopped pecans (about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 c of mayo (I like the Kraft mayo made with olive oil. It has half the fat/calories and is delicious)
- 1/3 red delicious apple, diced
- salt/pepper to taste
First boil your chicken breasts until they are fully cooked.
Cut up the chicken. I slice mine across the breast about every 1/2 inch and then just pull it apart.
Add mayonnaise. The amount you use is really just personal preference. You may want to start out with a couple of tablespoons and just add more to your liking. I usually use about 1/2 cup.
Add pecans, apple, salt and pepper and stir it all together.
I like to serve mine on a bed of lettuce and it is perfect! It reminds me a lot of Arby's chicken salad, you know the kind they stopped serving a little while back! (I was so upset! haha) It is also wonderful on sandwiches, wraps, or with crackers.
So tell me, how do you like your chicken salad? Do you eat it on lettuce like me or do you prefer a wrap, sandwich, etc? Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)